2. Ducks at risk of attack by predators are able to balance the need for sleep and survival, keeping one half of the brain awake while the other slips into sleep mode.
3. Elephants sleep standing up during non-REM sleep, but lie down for REM sleep.
4. Experts say one of the most alluring sleep distractions is the 24-hour accessibility of the internet.
5. Most of what we know about sleep we’ve learned in the past 25 years.
6. It’s impossible to tell if someone is really awake without close medical supervision. People can take cat naps with their eyes open without even being aware of it.